December 15, 2001
Dear Super Science Weekend Exhibitor:
Thank you for your participation in Super Science Weekend
2002 to be held at the New Jersey State Museum on January 12 and 13, 2002.
Whether you are a first time participant or a long-time associate, the museum
staff wishes to provide services that will make your stay a pleasant and
comfortable experience. Therefore, you may find the following informational
bullets a useful reminder. Please share this information with your associates.
1) Directions to the museum are attached.
2) Hours for Super Science Weekend are Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm and Sunday 11 am to 5 pm.
3) The locations for events are at 205 West State Street, 225 West State Street, the NJ State Museum auditorium and the planetarium. . See schematic locations # 1, 2, 3, 4 [TO BE FORWARDED SEPARATELY]. We are now working on an exhibitor floor plan
4) Exhibitors may set up their exhibits on Friday, January 5 between the hours of 2 pm and 4:15 pm, or on Saturday at 8 am. Most exhibitors set up on Saturday, however if you choose the Friday option please call 609-292-7660 so that we can anticipate assisting you. Exhibitors amy take down their exhibits on Monday, January 14. The museum is closed to the public but fully staffed to conduct official business. Please notify if you choose the late take-down option.
5) Volunteer staff will be available to assist exhibitors with logistical support such as loading exhibit items on to firstname.lastname@example.org carts as well as escorting exhibitors to their assigned exhibition stations.
6) Exhibitors may unload at designated areas however vehicles may not remain parked directly behind the museum after 9:30 am. Instructions will be given on the day of the event.
7) Free Parking for exhibitors will be provided adjacent to the museum as well as at the Capitol Parking Garage.
8) A hospitality center for staff and exhibitors and volunteers will provide coffee and donuts.
9) An inexpensive lunch may be purchased at the Museum Café in the Museum, or of course, you may bring your lunch with you.
10) Our brochure listing all exhibitors and programs is at the printer. A massive mailing to museum patrons is pending.
11) Our Public Relations Department has contacted all major media concerning the event. However you are invited to assist our efforts by using the attached information to: send to your audience and members; include in your newsletter; post on your web page; send to your local newspaper telling of your involvement in the event as well as the other activities.
12) The museum’s web page is at www.newjerseystatemuseum.org
Lastly, I wish to extend to you a cordial welcome and look forward to seeing you after the holidays. Be safe; be happy!
Assistant Curator of Natural History